Firefighters were called to a large grass fire in the dunes at Ainsdale Beach - shown in these images - last night, Monday 20th April.
On arrival, crews found a fire on the beach, between the Coastal Road and shore front.
Five fire engines attended the incident, which at its height spread over an area 2km by 500m.
Firefighters used beaters, shovels, main branches and a high pressure hose reel jet to tackle the fire.
It took more than five hours for crews to extinguish the fire due to high winds.
To help reduce the number of grass fires like this one, we are reminding the public of these safety messages:
🔥 After visiting outdoor areas like parks and beaches, take your litter home
🔥 Don't leave bottles or glass in woodland - sunlight shining through glass can start fires
🔥 Don't throw cigarette ends on the ground or out of your car window
🔥 Don't set fires in open countryside; make sure your children know the consequences of doing so